our typical homeschool day...

 
when i talk with people
about our typical day,
its hard for them to understand
how fast it goes...
 
most days we start anywhere from 8:20/8:30
and end between 10:30/11:30
it all depends on how many subjects i chose
to squeeze in for the day.
 
so here is a short play by play in pictures...
 
the reason we can get through lessons so quick
is because there are only 2 kids to teach.
i bought specific curriculum
that shows me what to do!
 
it includes my own teachers manual.
it teaches me what to do in regular print and
it tells me what to say in bold print.
 
so no i don't have a teaching degree,
but my it won't matter.
i have all the necessary books etc
to meet all the standards 
 
 
 8:20 AM
handwriting book
 
8:30 AM
language book
 
8:45 AM
spelling and phonics 
 
 
~9 AM~
(not pictured)
reading book
(i read them a story from their workbooks)
 
9:08 AM
math book
 
9:08 AM
geography book


9:15 AM
geography book
(my daughter finishes up her geography) 
 
9:25 AM
math book
 
 
 9:30 AM- 10:10 AM
my daughter finishes up her math
then they both have some free time
they play around with our math manipulatives



10:10-10:15
clean up and snack
 
10:15-10:30
i read aloud charlottes web
they answer questions about the book
they're coloring the front picture of
their charlottes web packet

 
 
and that was today!
tomorrow we'll squeeze in library,
start  a new book called "war with grandpa",
get some typing done...
and our regular schedule will fit in too.
 
my doors are always open if anyone wants to come watch us,
its not weird to me, so don't feel bad asking!!
if you're considering homeschooling,
its hard to start! I KNOW!!
let me know if i can help :)
 
.erin.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts