MOMMYS DAY!

it is hard to appreciate mothers day
until you are a mom.
and even then...its hard to feel
appreciated until your kids
are able to say the words
and do cute things for you.
and of course it usually
isn't possible to get those
special things from your
young children...
unless you have a GREAT husband
(and/or great teacher!)
who helps them create
something special.

i am not one to want anything
for mothers day.
especially gifts.
i like fresh picked flowers,
maybe breakfast,
some cute cards from the kids,
and just to hear them say
they love me and to know
they appreciate me is enough!

to my mom and all the other
amaZing women who have
been a part of my life
since i was a child...
thank you.
thank you for listening.
thank you for caring.
thank you for teaching me
whats right.
thank you for accidentally
showing me whats wrong...
so i can learn on my own
to make a better choice.
thank you for everything.

i found this poem this morning...

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator,
and I wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you feed a stray cat,
and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you make my favorite cake for me,
and I knew that little things are special things.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I heard you say a prayer,
and I believed that there was a God to talk to.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I felt you kiss me goodnight,
and I felt loved.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw tears come from your eyes,
and I learned that sometimes things hurt,
but it's alright to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw that you cared,
and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I looked....
and I wanted to say thanks for all the things
I saw when you thought I wasn't looking


its so important that us moms
remember that our kids are looking.

our daughters are looking to see
what we think about ourselves.
our kids don't see us as "fat" or "ugly"
so when we say "i'm so fat"...
they'll look at themselves and
think the same thing.
they are looking to see if we love
them unconditionally.
i have a daughter.
she is only 9..and she is always
concerned with what i think.
she is wild and carefree,
she is craZy, loves to have fun,
and she HAS to learn
everything her own way.
i can't force anything on her,
nor would i want to.
she is independent and
beautiful and strong and
simply amaZing.

i love the song "daughters"
by john mayer
the end of the main chorus is great...


and then we have our sons...
i am so thankful God blessed
me with two boys.
there is without a doubt a
different feeling about having
a boy.
i'd have to say i am more of
a "boy type of mom"
i'm not super sensitive,
or dramatic...
well thats a lie.
actually i can be very
dramatic so scratch that.
but there is a definite
ease to boys.
when i talk to my boys,
i can say it like it is.
i don't have to worry about
"you dont love me!"
well atleast not yet.
my favorite dramatic
moment from my daughter...
she wanted to do something
before bed but we didn't have
enough time. so she said...
"i guess i'll just cry
myself to sleep then"
my boys aren't like that lol!
they're pretty rough and tough.
and as moms, we have to remember
that as rough as they may be,
they love us more than
any other girl
(atleast til they are married)
so cherish it!
our boys are looking at us too.
they are learning what kind of
woman they will love in the future.

i love the saying...
"theres these boys who stole my heart,
they call me mom"

and to any girl that is after
either of my boys down the road,
good luck with that.
hahahahaha, i'm not kidding.
lol!

one more thing,
as mothers...remember this...


happy mothers day moms!

.erin.

Comments

Popular Posts